Nov 6, 2006
O R LY?, that is it?, Blogger finished the feature set for Blogger v3.0, are they serious?
Well, call for a HUGE underwhelming feeling from me, i guess that with all released it only even Blogger out with the Top of the crop(wordpress) out of the gate, and Blogger Bleet exploits help it to even out with the darned wordpress plugins.
But sheesh.. that is the official word from Blogger Buzz.
Now, the really good news are that:
1.-This should make the B-team to focus on the Known Issues left to iron out of the way making the service to run like if it was laser.
2.-Ftp user are no longer second rate citizens for the Bloggerosphere and have been upgraded.
One worthy note to make about the FTP is that in order for it to be upgraded it is said you have to use a Blogger v2.0 template on Blogger v3.0?..umm, it guess that is because of the dynamc front end not getting along the new Dynamic serving v3.0.
this is interesting because it makes me wonder how the tags, labels and other featres are being served to FTP users that way, something to look for even if they say that very very very soona new batch f users are going to be open for migration to v3.0.
This must not cause overexcitemnt since the old rules for not migration candidates apply and becuase as i said long ago when they released v3.0, there is no way that they can migrate the userbase in it´s entirely in one blow, so if to my calculations the actual userbase of v2.0 that has migrated is about 20-30%, then the minimum to be migrated in this ew batch will be 10% more and the maximum should be 30% at most., that sums 50-60% of the userbase, so, the schedule remains the same as i see it, only by the endof this year or by the early start of next(january) will be when over 60% of the userbase will be in v3.0.
I was gonna put all the commentary about really needed features and stuff like that to be in this very post but it would make for a too long of a post, so i will break into more posts that will run over this week.
- Blogger v3.0: Recent Comments Widgets For All
- Websnapr For Blogger
- Websnapr: Screenshots For Your Links
- Some Blogger v3.0 Template Editor Notes By Aditya
- Blogger v3.0: Hover Drop-Down Menu
- Pixer.us: Online Photo Editor
- Blogger v3.0: Make Your Tags searchable In Technor...
- Technorati Rank Display
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Wheather Report Widget
- Preloadr: The Flickr Online Photo Editor
- Blogger Says: Hack Away, Here Is Your Json
- Technorati Link Count Widget For Blogger
- Blogger v3.0: Wondering About The Navbar
- Hoctro: How To Modify A Blogger V3.0 Template
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Links One Click Widget
- Modded Sand Dollar Template For Blogger v3.0
- Plugoo: The True One-On-One Chat Embedable
- Blogger v3.0: Using Widgets As Header
- What´s Up Bloggeratto?
- Scoopr : News 2.0
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 2 of 3
- Blogger Says: No More New Blogger v2.0 Accounts
- Blogger v3.0: Table Of Contents Widget
- MyPictr: Easier Snapshots For The Web
- Blogger v3.0: 4 in 1 Search Box
- Show A Recent Rss Referrers List In Your Blog
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 1 of 3
- About The New One Click Widget Aggregation
- Blogger v3.0: Random Quote One Click Widget Creato...
- Blogger Says: Check That Your Host Support Ftp,Oh,...
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Widget Aggregation
- Blogger v3.0: Even More Layout Playing
- Blogger v3.0: Previous Posts Ajax Listing
- Blogger v3.0: Random Quote Generator
- Blogger v3.0: Add Selective Showing Items/Article ...
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Syndication Icons For Your Labe...
- Blogger v3.0: Feeds Finally Defined
- Blogger Says: We Are Done With Blogger v3.0
- ▼ November (38)