Sep 4, 2006
I have decided that any Good Development Commentary from someone inside "The B", is worth a post here, so:
Just at the Hackosphere, Pete Hopkins Dropped By the Hackosphre to answer some questions by Ramani and here is the summary of what it was said:
(along with my own commentary of course)
1.- About Why Blogger v3.0 Backlins Don´t Work Properly:
I saw your post show up as a backlink on my Buzz post about the login box, so it's not all broken. I know that the super-restrictive robots.txt file that was (accidenally) in place early on played a bit of havoc w/ blog search engines (Google's included) that's still sorting out. Blog search indexing issues in general are something that's on our radar.
"search indexing being something prioritary to them should really comes as natural, and if there is one thing i always been happy with, is Blog indexing in the google search engine"
2.- About the handling of Asociated Post Data to Labels Code:
2. Sounds like a feature request! This may come up in the future.
"ok, fair enough, it seems it didn´t came up to them when they were coding them i guess, about that may, lets not get that optimistic"
3.-About Why General Comments Feeds Don´t Work
In Blogger v3.0
3. I've seen a few bug fixes on this front go by, and they'll be out soon. This is one of the "it's not you, it's us" things, which is why support couldn't help you.
Really?, it´s Blogger Fault?, i could neeeever would have imagined...good to know, but that is just one of the things that should have been ok from the let go, "beta" or no "beta". another reason why support cannot truly help anyone (up to this moment)is because it is a computer using a re-selector to generate answers on pre-designed responses,what am talking about?, just go here, so you can understand and also have a good laugh
So, there you go, straight from the B-side.
Now,don´t get me wrong, i like pete because he seems like a cool guy (even if he has such a sappy taste for music and movies) , i also like his blog (he should post more often to it)
I also would like to add that he sure is making Blogger look more responsive to users than ever before, and he was the one who suddenly went into the open and started to offering some light into blogger v3.0 development, where in pre v3.0 we,were completely left at darkness.
Another thing, he says the team is truly aware of the blog that talk about v3.0 right now, but i still must wonder, who watches the watchmen? :P
*Yep, this Blog has lot of cynic, sarcastic, unforgiving humor, thanks for noting it*
- Blogger v3.0: Free Templates With Pre Installed Ha...
- Storago: A Faster Recent Comments Widget With Some...
- Blogsignatr : Blog Signature Generator
- Super Peek-a-boo For Blogger v2.0
- Blogger v3.0: Vertical Tab Menu
- Blogger v3.0: How To Add A Recent Comments And Rec...
- Blogger v3.0: YUI CSS Grid Layout Changer
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Widgets Just On The Main
- Blogger v3.0: Tabbed Sub Labels
- Blogger Says: More Moblogging And More Fixes
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Post Hackery
- The OPML Icon
- Blogger Says: v2.0-v3.0 Cross Comenting Is Now Fix...
- Blogger v3.0: Recent Comments Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Label Tabs Tweak
- Blogger v3.0: Linklists Fix
- Blogger v3.0: Grammatical Comment Fix
- Blogger v3.0: Table Of Contents
- ¡Viva Mexico!
- Blogggerv3.0: Hoctro´s Breadcrumbs Line For Item P...
- Hans Blogger v3.0 Tweaks Up To 14-09-06
- Blogger v3.0: Transitional Post Summaries
- Blogger v3.0: How To Add A Image To Your Header
- Blogger v3.0: Hoctro´s Tabbed Labels
- Blogger Says: Use Flickr In Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Peek- A- Boo Label Index Display
- Singpolyma´s Blogger v3.0 Template
- Meebome: Getting Better
- Blogger v3.0: Label Index Display With More Posts...
- Blogger v3.0: Label Feeds For The People.
- Blogger says: Now With Less Photo Bugs
- Introducing Hoctro
- Singpolyma Blogger v3.0 Progress
- Blogger v3.0: Phydeaux3 Label Cloud Code
- Blogger Says: We Got Issues
- Blogger v3.0: Phydeaux3 Label Cloud
- Blogger v3.0: More Hotlinks
- Blogger v3.0: A Common Sight Lately
- Blogger v3.0: Multi-Style Labels Widget
- Phydeaux3 Goodbye To D2B
- Some Questions Of My Own
- Blogger Says: Here Are Some Answers
- Blogger v3.0: Hotlinks
- Blogger v3.0: Introducing Hans
- WebShotsPro: Online Screenshot Creator And Databas...
- Blogger Says: Now Supporting Rel-Tag Microformat
- Blogger v3.0: Hackosphere 3 Column Templates
- Blogger v3.0 Help: Now Actually Helpful
- Blogger v3.0: Ecmanaut Look Into The Code
- Blogger Says: Sorry, Lets Try Again?
- Blogger v3.0: Drop Down Labels With Index Page
- ▼ September (51)