Sep 22, 2006
I waited to post this becuase i wanted it to be more complete in development, and now it is more complete.
It all started on Ramani´s side, when he posted the first Peek-a-boo Post related hack that was just entering into what it had to be done.
That first hack, only expanded the post, but didn´t collapsed it, entered Hans and replied to that hack extending it
From there , the old problem with this kind of hacks was raised, what happens when you don´t need/want to have a "Read More" link to expand something?
Well, that it is where this post is finally headed.
Ramani and Hans talked about it, then they got inspired enough to do something about it so it was taken further and the result is what it follows:
By adding a span id in your post, now you can decide if you are going to need the summary or not for a new post, if you don´t use the span into the post, it will show up normal into the blog without sporting any kind of link or anything, just a clear post like this one
And if you add it, you will get the "Read More" link, and a "summary only" link so you can collapse that post after that post is opened making the important observation, that the "Read More" link is replaced with the "sumamary only making the post always look right.
And since Ramani and hans did a team-up, the code in both blogs is now the same unified code, for what hans named the Super Peek-a-boo Posts.
Ramani decided to update the original post that started the madness:
Expandable posts with Peekaboo view
And Hans did a special new post for it:
Super Peek-A-Boo Posts
So, you really should check those posts out, just to see what the Bleet! is capable of doing when working together.
However, i have decided to raise the bet even higher to take advantage of the work already done, Ramani, Hans,i love this new hack, but now i must wonder if a recent idea i have is possible to be added in either of this two versions of it:
A)The newest post in the blog is always displayed as open if peek-a-boo is enabled in it, and when you open other blog post the one opened will close, and a scroll leveler will make sure you don´t lose sight of where you are in the main after closing a post.
B)the same as above but without having the newest post opened by default, just the rest of the funtionality proposed in A.
So, tell me what do you think?.
- Blogger v3.0: Free Templates With Pre Installed Ha...
- Storago: A Faster Recent Comments Widget With Some...
- Blogsignatr : Blog Signature Generator
- Super Peek-a-boo For Blogger v2.0
- Blogger v3.0: Vertical Tab Menu
- Blogger v3.0: How To Add A Recent Comments And Rec...
- Blogger v3.0: YUI CSS Grid Layout Changer
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Widgets Just On The Main
- Blogger v3.0: Tabbed Sub Labels
- Blogger Says: More Moblogging And More Fixes
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Post Hackery
- The OPML Icon
- Blogger Says: v2.0-v3.0 Cross Comenting Is Now Fix...
- Blogger v3.0: Recent Comments Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Label Tabs Tweak
- Blogger v3.0: Linklists Fix
- Blogger v3.0: Grammatical Comment Fix
- Blogger v3.0: Table Of Contents
- ¡Viva Mexico!
- Blogggerv3.0: Hoctro´s Breadcrumbs Line For Item P...
- Hans Blogger v3.0 Tweaks Up To 14-09-06
- Blogger v3.0: Transitional Post Summaries
- Blogger v3.0: How To Add A Image To Your Header
- Blogger v3.0: Hoctro´s Tabbed Labels
- Blogger Says: Use Flickr In Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Peek- A- Boo Label Index Display
- Singpolyma´s Blogger v3.0 Template
- Meebome: Getting Better
- Blogger v3.0: Label Index Display With More Posts...
- Blogger v3.0: Label Feeds For The People.
- Blogger says: Now With Less Photo Bugs
- Introducing Hoctro
- Singpolyma Blogger v3.0 Progress
- Blogger v3.0: Phydeaux3 Label Cloud Code
- Blogger Says: We Got Issues
- Blogger v3.0: Phydeaux3 Label Cloud
- Blogger v3.0: More Hotlinks
- Blogger v3.0: A Common Sight Lately
- Blogger v3.0: Multi-Style Labels Widget
- Phydeaux3 Goodbye To D2B
- Some Questions Of My Own
- Blogger Says: Here Are Some Answers
- Blogger v3.0: Hotlinks
- Blogger v3.0: Introducing Hans
- WebShotsPro: Online Screenshot Creator And Databas...
- Blogger Says: Now Supporting Rel-Tag Microformat
- Blogger v3.0: Hackosphere 3 Column Templates
- Blogger v3.0 Help: Now Actually Helpful
- Blogger v3.0: Ecmanaut Look Into The Code
- Blogger Says: Sorry, Lets Try Again?
- Blogger v3.0: Drop Down Labels With Index Page
- ▼ September (51)