Oct 7, 2006
Even if it was already dead, this time there is a official Notice
The reason i say it was already dead is because over a month ago Agent99 noted that Audioblogger was down,after that, i decided to take a look to it and what i found was a service that remained unchanged in the most static way possible from the time it was started by another company. when it launched it was not really a novelty, just the better executed version of whatever it was available at the moment, the thing it´s that i worked right, it was popular before the google Blogger reboot (v2.0) and it got even more popular afterwards, even people like xeni jardin, and other journalists used it for when they need to set up a record for their stories while in the move.
Time passed and the momentum that it gained was big enough to a point where it was the only true mobile audioblogging service that could offer you that stable and free service.
But time don´t stops and when you leave something without moving, without making noise, it get´s dated, and Audioblogger got REALLY dated,it never offered a desktop uploading option for some more solid Audioblogging, it never breached out in anyway, it was offered under contract to google to do what it did before the reboot, so maybe it is google fault it never got anywhere.
I mean, i even forgot about until i was reminded of it and if you searched it´s buzz, the only thing you would find is some whispering proving that it´s mindshare just evaporated.
But now it seems too late from the side of Evan Williams (Blogger Fouder) Odeo, wich is the company that Evan started when he left google´s Blogger v2.0 under a undisclosed contract but that now, to me from what i know and can easily see, it´cannot be a coincidende that a google rebranding, complete upgrade, resign from the last main man from the original Blogger and the closing of the only link left with Blogger from Evan williams get to happen in the same spans of months.
In Anyway, what i wonder is if Google has decided to let it just vanish, or is going to be offering a native solution for audioblogging?.
Only time will tell, but i can already guess it should materialize before the last day of this year.
- Blogger v3.0: Hovering Peek-A-Boo Blogger Navbar
- Blogger Says: Crashing In & Out (The Sitcom)
- Blox: The First Hit
- IE7 vs FF 2.0: One Week Later
- Blogger Says: Don´t Dare To Judge Us!
- New Post Threads
- Aditya Is Back
- Related Posts Finder Bookmarklet
- Blogger v3.0: About Adding A Second Sidebar
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Comments
- Blogger v3.0: Video And Search With Google Ajax
- Blogger Says: Bulk Label Management Is On
- Blogger v3.0: Tags Rundown
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Highlighting with Notificati...
- Performancing Partners: A Focused Blog Ad Network
- Bloggeratto v0.3
- Random Header Rotator
- Exlinks: Expand Your Site?
- Favorite Bloggeratto At Technorati
- Drop Caps For Your Blog
- Lonely Bloggers: Don´t Cry Alone, Cry In Front Of ...
- Blogger v3.0: Meta Data And Your Blog
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Links Widget
- Chatango: Group Chat Board Widget
- How To Add Code In Your Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Introductions For Labels And The Mai...
- Iconbuffet: Royalty-Free Stock Icons
- Google Buys YouTube = GooTube?
- Snapquotes For Your Blog
- WriteToMyBlog: Word Processor For Blogs
- Widgets Galore
- Blogger v3.0: Navigational Icons
- Ping Google
- Yotophoto: Free-To-Use Photo Search Engine
- Audioblogger Is Dead
- Blogger Says: Picasa Now Kinda Works With Blogger...
- Bordee: Free Messageboards With a Web 2.0 Twist
- Hoctro´s Journey Inside & Out Of Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Extended Social Bookmarking
- Fullfeeds.com: Keep Them Whole!
- About The Ajax Search Api Hackery
- Older, Wiser And With A Lot Of Angst
- ▼ October (43)