Oct 6, 2006
Bordee is a new start up that hopes to solve and improve standard Message Boards on the web by allowing anyone to be able to comment whenever they want it.
How so?, well, after login into it and seeing it by myself i think that it combines the idea of the free phpboards that are commonplace to see being offered in the web with the idea of being able to comment in any webpage based on a social commenting system, mix the two concepts and that is what Bordee it´s about.
The only thing you need to create one is to sign up for a bordee account and be a user of Firefox or Flock (yeah!) to generate message boards that then will get added to the Bordee Message Boards Directory, you can also look at it as if it were a huge forum where each topic serves as both category and topic becuase it´s a never ending stream of threads that are not rooted into sub directories.
You don´t need the extension to comment in a bordee message board, just sign for a bordee account, and that will do, remembering this is not only a web tool provider service but also a social community, so having a bordee account will be useful to be able to comment in every borde message board you get to encounter from now on knowning that if you ever want your own, it is only a extension install away.
With each topic you create, this will work as a messageboard, so you can have as many of them as you like if you play nice, they support everything a regular messageboard do and the better thing about it is that you get your personal feed for each message board you have, allowing you to easily stay in the know with what happens in it.
The message boards as in the social commenting systems, are created on the base of the url, so if a bordee message board already exist on a certain url, you will get directed to it.
I like the concept and i am eager to look how this evolve.
So,if you ever wanted a good looking, uncluttered and easy way to use message board for your blog that you could set in under 3 minutes this is as good as it gets for such a little effort.
And don´t forget to drop by Bloggeratto Bordee Message Board
- Blogger v3.0: Hovering Peek-A-Boo Blogger Navbar
- Blogger Says: Crashing In & Out (The Sitcom)
- Blox: The First Hit
- IE7 vs FF 2.0: One Week Later
- Blogger Says: Don´t Dare To Judge Us!
- New Post Threads
- Aditya Is Back
- Related Posts Finder Bookmarklet
- Blogger v3.0: About Adding A Second Sidebar
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Comments
- Blogger v3.0: Video And Search With Google Ajax
- Blogger Says: Bulk Label Management Is On
- Blogger v3.0: Tags Rundown
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Highlighting with Notificati...
- Performancing Partners: A Focused Blog Ad Network
- Bloggeratto v0.3
- Random Header Rotator
- Exlinks: Expand Your Site?
- Favorite Bloggeratto At Technorati
- Drop Caps For Your Blog
- Lonely Bloggers: Don´t Cry Alone, Cry In Front Of ...
- Blogger v3.0: Meta Data And Your Blog
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Links Widget
- Chatango: Group Chat Board Widget
- How To Add Code In Your Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Introductions For Labels And The Mai...
- Iconbuffet: Royalty-Free Stock Icons
- Google Buys YouTube = GooTube?
- Snapquotes For Your Blog
- WriteToMyBlog: Word Processor For Blogs
- Widgets Galore
- Blogger v3.0: Navigational Icons
- Ping Google
- Yotophoto: Free-To-Use Photo Search Engine
- Audioblogger Is Dead
- Blogger Says: Picasa Now Kinda Works With Blogger...
- Bordee: Free Messageboards With a Web 2.0 Twist
- Hoctro´s Journey Inside & Out Of Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Extended Social Bookmarking
- Fullfeeds.com: Keep Them Whole!
- About The Ajax Search Api Hackery
- Older, Wiser And With A Lot Of Angst
- ▼ October (43)