Oct 5, 2006
The only times when i have ever offered a summary in my Feedburner feed is becuase of the times i was over the feedburner feed size limit, because i never would want to offer a summary feed, becuase for me they are worthless feeds, and i downright hate summary feeds.
I have always thought that if you want to offer a summary feed or title feed, then you add it as a option to your readers and not as the default feed.
Feed Readers and site readers along with E-mail Syndication readers are pretty much different audiences,so a summary feed is really bad, becuase you alienate your readers and because of what i call false positives, it of course will generate more click to the site, but of what quality? a bad one that is for sure, since you will get a lot more "less than 10 seconds" visitors, and that is the kind of visits you must not force.
Anyway, that is where Fullfeeds.com enters int othe play given it is a oline petition that serves more like a statement, since you really cannot ask a entity directly about it, but that statement has relevancy since you create awareness and inspire readers to openly say their disgust with summary feeds that will get more people either avoiding to put summary feeds or also offer a fullfeed so the reader can choose.
It is a great statement so, if you agree, please go and sign it leaving you opinion about it:
Here is mine:
A rss/atom Feed must represent the free flow of unfiltered content in the same manner Blogs represent the freedom of digital publishing.
A summary is having a useless filter that will only generate forced clicks that must not be, offer a full feed choice
- Blogger v3.0: Hovering Peek-A-Boo Blogger Navbar
- Blogger Says: Crashing In & Out (The Sitcom)
- Blox: The First Hit
- IE7 vs FF 2.0: One Week Later
- Blogger Says: Don´t Dare To Judge Us!
- New Post Threads
- Aditya Is Back
- Related Posts Finder Bookmarklet
- Blogger v3.0: About Adding A Second Sidebar
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Comments
- Blogger v3.0: Video And Search With Google Ajax
- Blogger Says: Bulk Label Management Is On
- Blogger v3.0: Tags Rundown
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Highlighting with Notificati...
- Performancing Partners: A Focused Blog Ad Network
- Bloggeratto v0.3
- Random Header Rotator
- Exlinks: Expand Your Site?
- Favorite Bloggeratto At Technorati
- Drop Caps For Your Blog
- Lonely Bloggers: Don´t Cry Alone, Cry In Front Of ...
- Blogger v3.0: Meta Data And Your Blog
- Blogger v3.0: Feed Links Widget
- Chatango: Group Chat Board Widget
- How To Add Code In Your Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Introductions For Labels And The Mai...
- Iconbuffet: Royalty-Free Stock Icons
- Google Buys YouTube = GooTube?
- Snapquotes For Your Blog
- WriteToMyBlog: Word Processor For Blogs
- Widgets Galore
- Blogger v3.0: Navigational Icons
- Ping Google
- Yotophoto: Free-To-Use Photo Search Engine
- Audioblogger Is Dead
- Blogger Says: Picasa Now Kinda Works With Blogger...
- Bordee: Free Messageboards With a Web 2.0 Twist
- Hoctro´s Journey Inside & Out Of Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Extended Social Bookmarking
- Fullfeeds.com: Keep Them Whole!
- About The Ajax Search Api Hackery
- Older, Wiser And With A Lot Of Angst
- ▼ October (43)