Dec 20, 2006
20.12.06 | Posted by Avatar X | Edit Post |
I expected this press release at 23 or at 30 of december but i guess Blogger will be sended off to enjoy holidays before that, so it semed about right to do it while they can.
In either way am happy about it, no more pretending BETA cover.
So, that is it,Pete just got it out in official form at the latest Blogger buzz post.
Now, as always,there is interesting stuff to review beyond the PR blogging yadda yadda, so skip that very very weird part about world of warcraft and the Battlestar Galactica analogy and move into the meaty bits:
new homepage location, sporting redirection to www2.blogger.com, and a new inviting graphic to try out Blogger, it always came back to the dual log in asynchronic form format, but now, you can log direclty to v3.0 from the form, and you get redirected to another form for v2.0 which is the opposite to what i was before this.
2.-Blogger Dashboard Advert
Get used to this little buddy now above your dashboard main page because it is here for a while until most of the userbase gets migrated.
i like the detail of the crossed over beta word in it..that is for sure.
It sport a link to the new featues tour that remained the same, but it is now being "remarked"
3.-Pete PR Pitch
On thing i love about Blogger is their saucy overdone marketing pitches
let´s have a look at it to make some important notes:
The new version of Blogger is metaphorically bursting with features, from the big guns like drag-and-drop template editing and post labels (which are perfect, by the way, for indexing the 131 historical figures you may have written about), to little polishes like a better-designed Dashboard or that you no longer need to solve a word verification CAPTCHA to post a comment on your own blog.
Very metaphoricaly speaking i guess where he says that is bursting with features.
the good note here is that it poits out to a blog author status log in, this meas that when you are in your blog you will not be forced to solves CAPTCHA to replay at your commenters.
i wonder if that is also true for the moderation glitch that made you to authorize your own comments before publishig them? my guess is that is should be that way.
This is cool, it was a niggle that everyone hated.
We’re done with “beta,” but we’re far from done with the new Blogger.
That is what i hope so, but just looking from what i know, and what is about to be made official this seems to be true for now.
It’ll still take a bit more transition time to move everyone from the old version to the new
Not surprises there as i had been telling everyone, there is no way that Blogger has now over 60% of the userbase migrated, but it was only 60% wht it was needed to be migrated for them to declare it launched.
If you’ve been using the beta, either because you switched or because you created your account after 10 November 2006, click “New Blogger” and sign in with your Google Account.
i find this interesting since it shows the exact date the started to make new accounts into v3.0 the norm.
4.-Why the switching rush?
Simple, since all the servers used in v3.0 are new, it means that having people in v2.0 is costing them resources,staff ad money to mantain now that it has been declared officially a Zombie.
Well, if you are now able to switch, i also ask youto do it, there is nothing better that starting the new year from the scratch up for it to feel fresh. or if you feel like you need more time, then swith and remain in emu v2.0 while you port yourself into the new template languague and get to use the new engine at full effect.
- Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year
- The NEO Template
- Improved Native Search With Pagination
- Lightbox GW (Simi-Modal Windows) For Blogger
- Preparing Code Examples For Posts
- Delicious Tagometer Tutorial
- Feliz Navidad -- Merry Christmas
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Author Photos
- Blogger v3.0: Categorized Contents
- Better Looking Blockquotes
- Blogger v3.0: Background Colored Comments
- 3 Columns Rounders Template For Blogger v3.0
- Tagged: Five This You Don´t Know About Your Host
- Invox: The New Blogger Will Force Me To Start Over...
- Picasa Integration With Blogger
- Blogger Says: No More Pretending, Switch Now To Th...
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget 2
- Picasa Web Albums Official Widget
- Why To Use The Post Template?
- Blogger v3.0: Angel or Evil Template
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 3 of 3
- Invox: Why Bloggeratto?
- Ideas For The Bleet And Daring Newcomers
- You Only Need To Ask
- Recent Posts Widget Creator For FTP Bloggers
- Blogger v3.0: Theme Switching
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Feature Wishlist
- Blogger Says:Here Are The Final Steps Toward v3.0...
- Blogger v3.0: Google Ajax Search In-Main
- Blogger v3.0: Make Feedburner Your Syndication Fee...
- Modded Minima Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger Stickies GM UserScript
- Aditya And Blogger v3.0
- Comments Path Is Now Funtional
- Bloggeratto v0.4
- Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
- Chronicle Of A Transition
- Blogger Says: Our Stuff Rocks, Videoblogging Sure ...
- Feedburner: Customize Your Headline Animator
- Snap: Better Preview Screenshots For Your Blog
- Blogger Says: Background Man Leaves
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Date Based Breadcrumbs Trails
- Son Of Moto Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Selective Transitional Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Link List
- Blogger v3.0: Picasa Web Albums Widget
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Search Widget
- Blogger Says: Meet Your Blog*Stars
- Blogger v3.0: Listing Of Contents
- Blogger v3.0: Replace Atom With Rss
- ▼ December (51)