Dec 21, 2006
21.12.06 | Posted by Avatar X | Edit Post |
Invox is the post thread where i will answer the questions you send my way
This time the questions is a more serious thing, i have been asked this very question a lot , and i mean a lot lately but the last time came from a very scared Chaim
I'm deathly afraid of what will happen if I switch. I have tons of hacks and customized template editing on my blog. Will all that carry over or will I have to start from scratch and redo all my hacks and customization?
This talk about how big is the desinformation of what happens when you switch to the new blogger (v3.0), so i am going to answer this in a very serious way:
1.-Emu v2.0 at v3.0( Old blogger engine running emulated on the new blogger)
This is the mid transition point, i am in it too, and there are five things you need to know even when you are running your old template and blog in this version:
Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
And that is becuase even at that version things will break and change forever.
2.-Full v3.0(fully running in the new Blogger)
The answer is:
YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER FROM ZERO
yes, this is not really being advertised by Blogger for obvious resons.
But it should be said in a frontal form.
3.-What to do?
Switch over, you will be placed at the emulated v2.0, and then open a test blog to port everything you had before and adjust to the new blogger.
Or if you are brave and really want to feel the new year, leave all behind and start over from zero.
So, now you know, you have been warned.
- Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year
- The NEO Template
- Improved Native Search With Pagination
- Lightbox GW (Simi-Modal Windows) For Blogger
- Preparing Code Examples For Posts
- Delicious Tagometer Tutorial
- Feliz Navidad -- Merry Christmas
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Author Photos
- Blogger v3.0: Categorized Contents
- Better Looking Blockquotes
- Blogger v3.0: Background Colored Comments
- 3 Columns Rounders Template For Blogger v3.0
- Tagged: Five This You Don´t Know About Your Host
- Invox: The New Blogger Will Force Me To Start Over...
- Picasa Integration With Blogger
- Blogger Says: No More Pretending, Switch Now To Th...
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget 2
- Picasa Web Albums Official Widget
- Why To Use The Post Template?
- Blogger v3.0: Angel or Evil Template
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 3 of 3
- Invox: Why Bloggeratto?
- Ideas For The Bleet And Daring Newcomers
- You Only Need To Ask
- Recent Posts Widget Creator For FTP Bloggers
- Blogger v3.0: Theme Switching
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Feature Wishlist
- Blogger Says:Here Are The Final Steps Toward v3.0...
- Blogger v3.0: Google Ajax Search In-Main
- Blogger v3.0: Make Feedburner Your Syndication Fee...
- Modded Minima Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger Stickies GM UserScript
- Aditya And Blogger v3.0
- Comments Path Is Now Funtional
- Bloggeratto v0.4
- Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
- Chronicle Of A Transition
- Blogger Says: Our Stuff Rocks, Videoblogging Sure ...
- Feedburner: Customize Your Headline Animator
- Snap: Better Preview Screenshots For Your Blog
- Blogger Says: Background Man Leaves
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Date Based Breadcrumbs Trails
- Son Of Moto Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Selective Transitional Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Link List
- Blogger v3.0: Picasa Web Albums Widget
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Search Widget
- Blogger Says: Meet Your Blog*Stars
- Blogger v3.0: Listing Of Contents
- Blogger v3.0: Replace Atom With Rss
- ▼ December (51)