Dec 28, 2006
This development is part of the Ideas Post call i did to the Bleet and beyond, as a way for anyone brave enough to take on a challange had something to munch on.
And Stephen as the man how is the definition of what Bleet stands took upon on making Lightbox GW work for Blogger.
Now, what it is Lightbox GW and why is better than the regular lightbox script, and that is because they can contain media on them, just like MS has took them back and they are using them in Soapbox in the best way i have seen yet, or how you can see Digg also using them now for they video redistribution, all of that is done by Simi-Modal windows, why they are called like that and where does this comes from?
The short version of the story is that someone that were doing web developments for displaying in IE got to do what he denomined as Sub-Modal windows, windows that didn´t neede to open a new browser window, but that opened inside the already opened window, but that were not really a window, but more like a evolution of a prompt dialog and the objective was to save transitions and to mantain the concentration of the user.
But this is not truly Sub-modal on the technical terms, but on the look of things that is really something you would don´t know just from seeing it works, so it is is more of a simil, hence the simi pfrefix, it is also called semi or quasi, but i preferend simi.
This never catched up at the time it was created, but thanks to Lokesh that did Lightbox the guys at Particle Tree went with the idea and developed Lightbox GW based on it.
Now, this can be a GREAT feature if used well, and it really represents for me what the new web must be. so please take a look at it.
So, that is all the story, now you only need to go to Singpolyma post for the code and details.
I will be sporting it in Bloggeratto very soon and talking more about it.
Lightbox Gone Wild for Blogger
- Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year
- The NEO Template
- Improved Native Search With Pagination
- Lightbox GW (Simi-Modal Windows) For Blogger
- Preparing Code Examples For Posts
- Delicious Tagometer Tutorial
- Feliz Navidad -- Merry Christmas
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Author Photos
- Blogger v3.0: Categorized Contents
- Better Looking Blockquotes
- Blogger v3.0: Background Colored Comments
- 3 Columns Rounders Template For Blogger v3.0
- Tagged: Five This You Don´t Know About Your Host
- Invox: The New Blogger Will Force Me To Start Over...
- Picasa Integration With Blogger
- Blogger Says: No More Pretending, Switch Now To Th...
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget 2
- Picasa Web Albums Official Widget
- Why To Use The Post Template?
- Blogger v3.0: Angel or Evil Template
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 3 of 3
- Invox: Why Bloggeratto?
- Ideas For The Bleet And Daring Newcomers
- You Only Need To Ask
- Recent Posts Widget Creator For FTP Bloggers
- Blogger v3.0: Theme Switching
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Feature Wishlist
- Blogger Says:Here Are The Final Steps Toward v3.0...
- Blogger v3.0: Google Ajax Search In-Main
- Blogger v3.0: Make Feedburner Your Syndication Fee...
- Modded Minima Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger Stickies GM UserScript
- Aditya And Blogger v3.0
- Comments Path Is Now Funtional
- Bloggeratto v0.4
- Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
- Chronicle Of A Transition
- Blogger Says: Our Stuff Rocks, Videoblogging Sure ...
- Feedburner: Customize Your Headline Animator
- Snap: Better Preview Screenshots For Your Blog
- Blogger Says: Background Man Leaves
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Date Based Breadcrumbs Trails
- Son Of Moto Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Selective Transitional Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Link List
- Blogger v3.0: Picasa Web Albums Widget
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Search Widget
- Blogger Says: Meet Your Blog*Stars
- Blogger v3.0: Listing Of Contents
- Blogger v3.0: Replace Atom With Rss
- ▼ December (51)