Dec 13, 2006
Imp got on a little rant about Blogger Comment Shortcoming and has a interesting list of what she would like to be resolved/have when it comes to Blogger Comment System:
* If I'm adding a comment to my own blog to reply to others' comments, and I'm logged in so you know it's me, please please could you fix it so I don't have to do the word verification CAPTCHA? (I sometimes type type the letters all wrong and have to redo it, my poor lil fingers have been working a lot lately and need a rest, plus it sure ain't stopping the spambots, just me!)
* Which reminds me, yet again, please build in an anti-comment spam thingy? I'm getting more spam comments than legit ones.
* And how about enabling bulk delete of comments (yes, including "forever") by ticking a checkbox against 'em in a list that I can call up? Say a list of all comments on a particular post, or a list of all comments (on any posts) made since a particular date, or both? Yes, it's those spam comments again.
* Please fix the unresizable window for comments popups at some point too? - if you've a chance...
* I suspect enabling editing of comments in Beta won't be on the cards (it probably wasn't even for classic Blogger, except that Kirk discovered a loophole which now seems closed). But what about giving the commenter a 60 second (or whatever) window to edit their comment after they've posted it, in case they then picked up a typo or wanted to rephrase something they said?
Wich trasnlates in simple terms to:
1.-No Captcha For Logged Blog Authors
I would add "no moderated" too if you are the author of the blog.
It is more than obvoius you can do nothing for people hired to spam, but it is absurd that Blogger don´t has support for something like Askimet..
3.-Bulk Comment Erasing
A must have, i had two post targeted by spammenter bots and oh boy the shooted up like 50 comments a day...
This i think will never be supported fro Blog authors becuase then, some unethical blog authors could easily remix/edit their commenters in a not typo related way. so i think it s very interesting the option that IMP proposes, a timer for editing.
This could be easily solved by either having the coment to preview as default and a button of publish or cancel so anyone could adjust to what they are writing.
al this could be made replacing the moderate comments tab in the Blogger Author Dashboard with a Manage Comments tab, click it and you get presented with a river of comments in the same weay the posts dashboard are set, no matter the post the comment was placed and options within it, if there is moderation enabled a Publish / cancel option would then also appear.
So, BLOGGER, put your act together and bring me my Comment Dashboard!!!
Source: Blogger Beta: comments wishlist
- Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year
- The NEO Template
- Improved Native Search With Pagination
- Lightbox GW (Simi-Modal Windows) For Blogger
- Preparing Code Examples For Posts
- Delicious Tagometer Tutorial
- Feliz Navidad -- Merry Christmas
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Author Photos
- Blogger v3.0: Categorized Contents
- Better Looking Blockquotes
- Blogger v3.0: Background Colored Comments
- 3 Columns Rounders Template For Blogger v3.0
- Tagged: Five This You Don´t Know About Your Host
- Invox: The New Blogger Will Force Me To Start Over...
- Picasa Integration With Blogger
- Blogger Says: No More Pretending, Switch Now To Th...
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget 2
- Picasa Web Albums Official Widget
- Why To Use The Post Template?
- Blogger v3.0: Angel or Evil Template
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 3 of 3
- Invox: Why Bloggeratto?
- Ideas For The Bleet And Daring Newcomers
- You Only Need To Ask
- Recent Posts Widget Creator For FTP Bloggers
- Blogger v3.0: Theme Switching
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Feature Wishlist
- Blogger Says:Here Are The Final Steps Toward v3.0...
- Blogger v3.0: Google Ajax Search In-Main
- Blogger v3.0: Make Feedburner Your Syndication Fee...
- Modded Minima Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger Stickies GM UserScript
- Aditya And Blogger v3.0
- Comments Path Is Now Funtional
- Bloggeratto v0.4
- Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
- Chronicle Of A Transition
- Blogger Says: Our Stuff Rocks, Videoblogging Sure ...
- Feedburner: Customize Your Headline Animator
- Snap: Better Preview Screenshots For Your Blog
- Blogger Says: Background Man Leaves
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Date Based Breadcrumbs Trails
- Son Of Moto Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Selective Transitional Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Link List
- Blogger v3.0: Picasa Web Albums Widget
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Search Widget
- Blogger Says: Meet Your Blog*Stars
- Blogger v3.0: Listing Of Contents
- Blogger v3.0: Replace Atom With Rss
- ▼ December (51)