Dec 13, 2006
13.12.06 | Posted by Avatar X | Edit Post |
It seems that Blogger really want the transition To Blogger v3.0 to happen as fast as possible judging by the latest Blogger Buzz post that is being more frontal than usual and even outlines why the Launch is looming very close according to them.
Many thought that Being Google it would take a whole year if not more for Blogger v3.0 to lose it´s buzzword PR "BETA" stage tag, even if it really seemed more like a launched product with a very fast progressional development.
This seems not to be the case at all, i guess that Blogger v3.0 should lose it´s BETA status at January first daysof the month at most.
Now lets take the post and review it:
About Team Blogs moving to v3.0:
Team blogs move when the blog’s original creator moves to the new Blogger. When that happens, team blog members will also have to move to the new Blogger in order to post. Team blog members don’t have to wait, though! If you move to the new Blogger, team blogs you didn’t create will still show up on your beta Dashboard. You’ll be able to post with them as before, though they won’t have the new features of the new Blogger.
Funnily enough this was the reason why Bloggeratto was not able to pass over to v3.0 from the let go even if i did recive the Blue invitation at the sidebar just that it turned off when it detected the blog as a team blog. right now i am very glad i din´t were able to do it becuase it gave me more foucs to follow the exploits and just some months later the pool of Knowledge in terms of customization are finally enough to make the transition worth it.
About why they consider Blogger to be able to lose its BETA status
* The new Blogger is feature complete
* All new accounts are created on the new version
* Known issues on the new Blogger are few and getting fewer
* (Almost*) all users are able to move their blogs to the new Blogger
1.-Once again: BUMMER, i just hope that the internal and external integrations development don´t stop dead after the Launch as with v2.0
3.-Riiiiiight....not really, i always experiment mini-crashes at 1-5am, along other weird glitches. but it is hell of a lot better than v2.0 that is for sure, just this past weekend until yesterday Blogger v2.0 was crashing a lot.
4.-if by almost he means that it is possible that over 60% of the userbase can now change, i belive it. but it cannot be over that simple becuase it is not needed to be, the most active blogger will be the one that will switch faster, and they are the one that are a priority since they are the ones who consume the bandwith and resources of Blogger..
They are also doing remakrs in how quickly after the launch they will start requiring old user to move over to v3.0, i just wonder in what space of time that will be done.. 3 months or 6 months. if i got it right again t should be the latter so they can say that all the process took less than a year from the "BETA" announcement
Oh and if you are one of those with over 1000 posts?, no v3.0 transition until next year.
All in all, i am impressed that they got it on schedule as i predicted months ago...
- Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year
- The NEO Template
- Improved Native Search With Pagination
- Lightbox GW (Simi-Modal Windows) For Blogger
- Preparing Code Examples For Posts
- Delicious Tagometer Tutorial
- Feliz Navidad -- Merry Christmas
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Author Photos
- Blogger v3.0: Categorized Contents
- Better Looking Blockquotes
- Blogger v3.0: Background Colored Comments
- 3 Columns Rounders Template For Blogger v3.0
- Tagged: Five This You Don´t Know About Your Host
- Invox: The New Blogger Will Force Me To Start Over...
- Picasa Integration With Blogger
- Blogger Says: No More Pretending, Switch Now To Th...
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget 2
- Picasa Web Albums Official Widget
- Why To Use The Post Template?
- Blogger v3.0: Angel or Evil Template
- Why The New Blogger Is Underwhelming - 3 of 3
- Invox: Why Bloggeratto?
- Ideas For The Bleet And Daring Newcomers
- You Only Need To Ask
- Recent Posts Widget Creator For FTP Bloggers
- Blogger v3.0: Theme Switching
- Blogger v3.0: Comment Feature Wishlist
- Blogger Says:Here Are The Final Steps Toward v3.0...
- Blogger v3.0: Google Ajax Search In-Main
- Blogger v3.0: Make Feedburner Your Syndication Fee...
- Modded Minima Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger Stickies GM UserScript
- Aditya And Blogger v3.0
- Comments Path Is Now Funtional
- Bloggeratto v0.4
- Post Transition Notes For Blogger v2.0 Users
- Chronicle Of A Transition
- Blogger Says: Our Stuff Rocks, Videoblogging Sure ...
- Feedburner: Customize Your Headline Animator
- Snap: Better Preview Screenshots For Your Blog
- Blogger Says: Background Man Leaves
- Blogger v3.0: Related Articles Widget
- Blogger v3.0: Date Based Breadcrumbs Trails
- Son Of Moto Template For Blogger v3.0
- Blogger v3.0: Selective Transitional Posts
- Blogger v3.0: Peek-a-boo Link List
- Blogger v3.0: Picasa Web Albums Widget
- Blogger v3.0: One Click Search Widget
- Blogger Says: Meet Your Blog*Stars
- Blogger v3.0: Listing Of Contents
- Blogger v3.0: Replace Atom With Rss
- ▼ December (51)