Aug 2, 2006
I Remember when Meebo was launched, it really shocked me to see how good it was compared to what was before it. and what was before it?
A very unaltered web 1.0 e-messenger that just rested on it´s userbase without thinking on the future.
Entered Meebo, and the everything changed, an i mean everything in the Web Multi IM messaging changed, i mean E-messenger then rushed and turned into E-buddy, ImHAHA launched triying to step into Meebo footsteps and Google launching Gmail-Chat are proof that it was not only a relevant Tech, but also a excellent executed old concept.
Well, now Meebo is turning into another field to rock on, and that is the Embeded Chat Niche wich is a almost new field anyway, where they are only competing against Chatango ( ireally recommend you reading that entry too) and a just not yet released 3Bubbles.
And they have released Meebome! wich is a Embeded Flash Chat Client that you can put into your blog and that is offering you a very stable and already known powerful system. and the kicker is that not long ago Meebo started to accept Account registration offering not only chat logs,automatic login and a Meebo profile.
Well, that is also into this Flash client, you will be chatting with your Meebo id and i can already guess that they will launch a social system for it in the same vein that chatango has done it.
Meebome, lets you have an account and your chat window in less than 5 minutes, and also has a very open exchange of what they want with the system on the Meebo blog, and the fisrt big promise is in:
Meebome! is going to evolve fast and will allow not only offline messaging and one on one chats, they weill unveil group chat and several other upgrades.
Just that anouncement from a app with a day from being released is what sold me on it.
The client has size options and there are buttons to promote it.
Right now, i will be sincere, Chatango is a superior service to Meebome, becuase the status button, the userpage and the desktop client.
But if Meebome! delivers group chat before they do and release their own versions of Chatango features. they are doomed.
And that is just what i think it will happen, because even if the app chatango offer is superior they are terrible at PR and support, and they really can´t say that their service is stable or that they have the leverage that Meebo has with their big userbase, great design an brand Mindshare.
So i will add it to Bloggeratto next week.
In the meantime you can check the MeeboMe Chat below:
- Blogger v3.0: A Look Into The Code.
- Blogger v3.0: Drop Down Labels
- Promote Your Blog In Gmail
- Blogger v3.0: The HTML Editor Is Now Live.
- Feedburner Email Service
- 100th Post
- What is Web 2.0?
- Widgetbox: Just Grab It
- LinkRSS: Create, Storage And Manage Your Feeds
- Michael´s Blogger v3.0 Navbar Modding.
- Use Your Old Template With Blogger v3.0
- Performancig Exchange: Your Blogging JobBoard
- Looking For A Blogging Job?
- About Jason Goldman Leaving Blogger
- Happy Birthday Blogger
- Flock Is Feeling A Little Left Out
- WTF Is This On The Blogger Logo?
- Why Blogger Don´t Feels Like It Belonged To Google...
- Feed On The RIse
- The New Blogger Reality
- Inside Blogger Beta
- More About Blogger Beta
- New Blogger Beta!
- Ramani´s Related Posts From Your Blog
- Blogger Downtimes And Your Blog
- Cosmobox: Metacosmos For Your Blog
- Related Posts For Your Blog And Browser
- Hovering Comment Count In Previous Post List
- How To Make Your Own Bumpbox Digest
- Singapolyma´s Blogger Recent Comments Upgraded
- Singpolyma Interview At Ning
- Phydeaux3 Time Off
- Categorized Sidebar Atom Index
- Yutter Is Down
- Meebome: Instant Chat For Your Blog
- Chatango: One on One Chat For Your Blog
- Ecmanaut´s Date/Time Input Usability GM Userscript...
- Feedburner Problems
- Blogger Is Up To Something
- In Main JS Blogger Categories With Show/Hide Optio...
- Autopinger: The Next Must Have Service
- ▼ August (42)